Should you use Facebook for your business?
Posted on January 13, 2013 by admin
A question many businesses have been asking is if they should even use Facebook for marketing or business. So far many are saying nope due to time sucking as they say and not helping productivity any. We here pretty much agree though here are some ways to use it if you want to:
Upkeep: Setting up a Facebook account “just to be on it” is not useful. Social media is a continuous process that requires regular attention. Think of it as starting a conversation with your customers and “friends” of your customers. You don’t want to just “go quiet” mid conversation. You will not attract new visitors or keep your current Fans coming back if you don’t keep your Facebook Fan Page updated on a regular basis.
2. Time: Once you decide to use Facebook as a marketing platform, another consideration is how much time you should spend making the most of this marketing tool. Though it can be a useful tool, generating fresh content and keeping the page updated can be time consuming.
3. Fresh Content: Keeping your page updated with fresh, original content will keep your current Fans coming back and can also attract new Fans: Your updates will be visible to their friends and family on your Fan’s wall and may entice them to visit your site and also become a Fan.
4. Monitoring the Discussion: You will also need to be able to monitor your wall and discussion boards to address and feedback your Fans are posting to your Facebook Page. Unaddressed or unnoticed issues can create more of a headache and is something you will need monitor consistently and be able to respond quickly.
5. Fan = Customer? Businesses should also be aware that a Fan doesn’t equal an active customer. Many people who become Fans of a page are simply saying, “I like this.” Facebook Fans don’t necessarily interact with the company more or increase their level of spend.
6. Strategy: For Facebook to make sense for your business, you should target a specific goal that’s relatable to your business strategy. Such a goal might be, “I want to increase revenue by 15% in 25-34 year olds.” Then you could decide whether Facebook is one of the right platforms to reach your business demographic or if you should be spending your marketing efforts elsewhere.
Here from this information, we still do not see much of a positive use for Facebook for business versus marketing directly to customers and using more proven advertisting channels. We as of yet have not heard of a business going big time due to their marketing efforts on Facebook. Twitter is a different story though, we have heard of many businesses doing good.
So to give you the step up for your business, use more proven channels for your business and for online marketing for your business use proven methods also. Facebook as of you has not been proven consistantly as a business channel.
One Response to “
Should you use Facebook for your business?”
Leave a Reply